It feels untouchable. For months (and I can almost now say years) it has felt that no matter how much yearning, prayer, or willing..."the day of final departure" has just kept falling like sand through my open hands. Now with 30 days remaining it feels so close somedays and other days it does not come soon enough.
Lately, it has been the task of juggling a lot of different items on the "to do" list. Most of my days are still filled with shopping ( a small part of me enjoys this immensely) for everything from wool socks, to industrial tupperware bins which act as suitcases for me. One of the challenges I have recently solved is the issue of having many pieces of fabric I bought in India during my last trip to Nepal, sitting untouched in my closet ready to be made into kurta-serwals (pronounced kerr-tah sir-wall). Kurta-serwals are the traditional outfit (along with sarris) in Nepal. So after much asking around about who and where I could go about having these made I decided to try something unconventional. My friend Pam has done some alterations for me and although she has never made such a thing, we discussed the design, I brough a few examples and away she went! So exciting to have a tradional dress made here in South Langley! I can't wait to show you pictures when i pick them up later next month. Other than that, I have secured a new visa card as I realized mine would expire within the first year. I have also have received my tourist visa into Nepal ( in my new passport might I add) and now I must carve out some time to drop by the Indian Embassy to get a visa (just for emergencies and travel).
I have packed 4 large industrial tupperware boxes called "Action Packs" and I feel like saying to the box as I pack it "you have no idea!!!"
For those of you who are curious this is what my time frame is looing like for the remaining month:
09/14 Commissioning service and farewell drop in at my house (mark your calendars!)
09/17 Depart for Toronto for a wedding
09/21 Family get-together in Toronto
09/21 Arrive back in Vancouver
09/27 @1400hrs Depart for Kathmandu
Stay tuned for pictures of the packing..gutting...and for you girls- the closet purging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment