Namaste

Namaste! Welcome to my blog. This blog serves to highlight the journey I am walking in returning to Nepal. I want to share with you the ups and downs that I experience, and most of all, to allow you to be involved and feel apart of this amazing journey of calling, faith, and obedience.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

44 Days and Counting






I am under the two month mark. Six weeks, fourty-four days...whichever way it is looked at, time here is coming to a close the glimmer of what is to come is increasingly brighter.

These days I spend most of my time shopping. Now...not for the kind of things you may think. I am shopping for a 2 year supply of shoes, as shoes in my size (Woman's size 9) are not available in Nepal. I have also come to realize that no matter what shoe I pick, none seem to look quite right with the traditonal dress. I sigh sitting in shoe stores and really, its just dying to my inner diva.
Today I bought a goose down duvet and duvet cover in hope that I may fair the winters in a little more comfort. Tonight I am hoping to try out my new space-saver bags. You've see the commerical right? Its the one where you see 10 comforters decompress in a bag hooked up to a vaccuum cleaner, reducing the comforters to the size of a frisbee. Now, my expectations are not quite that high but with the horizon of ten bags and 22kg each, measures must be taken!

I've now invaded my brothers vacant room (He lives in Montreal) and it has become my "going to Nepal" room. Clothes, linens, towels, picture frames, and at the end of the bed, the pile of shoeboxes is collecting.

No comments: