Namaste

Namaste! Welcome to my blog. This blog serves to highlight the journey I am walking in returning to Nepal. I want to share with you the ups and downs that I experience, and most of all, to allow you to be involved and feel apart of this amazing journey of calling, faith, and obedience.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Few Nights Away


"Everything" is a few nights away. As I logged into my blog tonight I saw my last post was "19 Days Away"...is it cliche to say that time flies? Since I last wrote it has really been about saying goodbye.

On September 14th, I had my commissioning service at Johnston Heights Church. Thank you to those of you who came from other congregations and or drove long distances to celebrate with me. My parents held a farewell at our home in the afternoon and we estimate about 100 people came through the front doors! (The pictures displayed are of my farewell open house). I also was able to have a clothes give-away at my house and rid myself of a western wardrobe. Thank you for those of you who came and left with arms full.

I was then able to move on to Toronto this past week where I had the privledge of standing my girlfriends wedding and saying goodbye to three of my best girlfriends. I also had a farewell in Mississauga with my family who lives in the greater Toronto area. It has been a lot of good byes and I can honestly say I look forward to some equilibrium being reached once I have the chance to begin my hellos.

So, the packing is coming to a close and I will post some photos before I go this week to boast on how truly compact I feel I have made my life! I have to say, its still all feeling pretty surreal. I'm sure when I find myself sitting on the plane in a few days, possibly squished in the middle of two people and wanting to just burst into tears at the joy and sorrow of it all...I will have wished that I had somehow mustered up either the courage or presence of mind to have experienced the depth of emotion prior to boarding.

Stay tuned this week for photos of the last few days.

No comments: