Namaste

Namaste! Welcome to my blog. This blog serves to highlight the journey I am walking in returning to Nepal. I want to share with you the ups and downs that I experience, and most of all, to allow you to be involved and feel apart of this amazing journey of calling, faith, and obedience.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Narrowing Opportunities

I am nearly at the two month mark of the countdown until departure! I am finishing up my last week of full-time work in Emergency next Thursday (July 31st) and then will only be employed casually as I take the following weeks to prepare, pack, and relax.

As the days for preparation close in, so do the number of opportunities also narrow for having time to share with you about the journeys of the past and the ones to come. For those of you nurses who I work with, there is an opportunity to come and see slides and become informed on your opportunity to share and support the work of West Nepal on August 17th. Email me for more details at nursinginnepal@yahoo.ca . One evening dessert gathering is still in the making, however, a date is yet to be set. If you would like to attend this event, it will be one of the last opportunites in August to come out and share in the experience.

It has been a month full of preparation. I recently completed a dysrhythmia course at the Justice Institute of British Columbia and certified for Advanced Cardiac Life Support also at the Justice Institute. Just today I sent off my passport and visa application to Toronto to obtain my tourist visa for arrival at the end of September. I have secured a hotel overnight in Singpore for an extended layover as I make my way to Nepal and spoken with Singpapore air multiple times in the name of baggage "arranging" I have been approved to bring 8 extra bags on top of my allotted two for the journey...well lets say, they come with a price!

Funny story- I was at the passport office applying to get a new passport as mine expires within the first year I am away when the lady helping me at the desk looks up at me and says "Now, I knew I knew you from somewhere." I of course was be-wildered and instantly horrified that I couldn't recall a face or a name. She proceeded to update me on herself down to the details of where she got her hollogram accrylic nails done ( which by the way were rather distracting from my mental marathon of running through potential names). At the end of it, I'm sure I was red in the face in embarrassement that I could not come up with one meaningful question that would save me and she uttered "well gosh, I feel like I know you but I simply just read an article about you in the paper."

Please drop me a line if you'd like to get some info on a "Nepal info night" in August. August is my month to connect so I'd love to see you before I leave. The next addition of Himalayan Heights is coming out early August. If you are not on my mailing list and want to stay posted aside from this blog- drop me a line!

No comments: