Namaste

Namaste! Welcome to my blog. This blog serves to highlight the journey I am walking in returning to Nepal. I want to share with you the ups and downs that I experience, and most of all, to allow you to be involved and feel apart of this amazing journey of calling, faith, and obedience.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A New Time Frame


It appears as though the once "far off in the distance" reality of making it back to Nepal has now changed. With a provision of a visa from Human Development and Community Services (HDCS), and a recent change of events at work here in Surrey, my departure is now planned for the first week of October 2008. I think that gives me oh... 5 months!

It is with great excitment that I can announce this change in time frame. In the coming months, a large part of my preparation will be in trying to build my spiritual and financial support team back here in Canada. Thank you to those of you who have already "come on board." I am already starting to prepare myself mentally for the tasks ahead of me. I will first be a language learner in Kathmandu, learning culture and language. I have started to work on my Nepali here in Surrey casually with a language helper. My other task is to begin preparing for my work as the educator and nursing consultant for TEAM Hospital Dadeldhura (THD).


My communication with my colleagues in Nepal is frequent and I am at a place of feeling like I have my feet in two worlds. Some days I feel deep grief for the relationships I leave here and to be honest, some of the ideas of what I thought my life was going to look like, and yet it is juxtaposed with the excitement of my heart returning home and the peace of walking in obedience. It truly is the "pair of ducks" that I am growing accustomed to living with.

No comments: